Swan builds infrastructure for businesses to embed financial services. While most types of companies can embed banking services with Swan, some aren't allowed to. This decision has nothing to do with whether we "like" or "dislike" a certain industry. We're open to the idea of opening up our service to more industries in the future! However, we're not currently set up to support businesses that pose a risk to Swan or its partners (brand risk, financial risk, or otherwise).
Furthermore, we must uphold the requirements of the payment networks and institutions that help us run (like Mastercard), as well as the laws of each country we operate in.
Examples of industries we cannot work with:
- Weapons and defense material providers
- Adult content and services
- Illicit narcotics
- Online and offline gambling
- Trading and custody of crypto assets
- Mixing of crypto assets
- Extractive industries (mining, coal, oil, natural gas, etc.)
- Palm oil production
- Precious stones, gems, and jewels
- Industry chemicals
- Money remittance, currency exchange, FOREX
- Online bartering
- Religious activities
- Off-shore company services providers and domiciliation businesses
- Non-licensed payment services providers
- Street vendors
- Cash transfers
Please note: Being eligible for an account doesn't necessarily mean that the account will be validated.